Tuesday, April 10, 2012

20 weeks! I'm halfway there!


Week 18- I started a calorie counter. I wasn't sure if I was eating enough for me plus the extra 300 calories they highly suggest for the baby. Sure enough, if i kept up what I normally eat I would gradually lose weight. I'm sure some of you are thinking "quit being so paranoid" but it is my first and I honestly thought I would have gained more in these first 5 months.
The end of week 18- I caught this weird virus going around- throbbing headache, sore throat, chills and aches. I kept it for a whole week.
Week 19- I finished that week of sickness and was cramping or clamping on both my sides- crazy pain (can't really be compared to girly cramps because it hurt so much even to move). I sent my hubby on his way to work even though I had almost passed out on him 3 times while I was trying to get him out the door. But a nice warm bath eased the pain and I was back to the land of the living.

Week 20- We have a boy. Beautiful, healthy and growing!
How far along? 20 weeks
Due Date: August 31.
Total weight gain/loss: about 5 lbs (if you so desire to go off my half-full bladder weigh-in at the doctor)
Maternity clothes? Still in my oldies but goodies... I have gotten a couple things that should fit me for a long time, but aren't pregnancy clothes.
Stretch marks? not that weren't there from before.
Sleep: Aside for the obnoxious cough that has decided to stick around I am sleeping well!
Best moment this week: Ultrasound. and seriously I could listen to that heartbeat all day long.
Miss Anything? Laying on my back and stomach while sleeping.
Movement: yes! I don't actually feel that much, but I love when my hubby sticks his hand on my belly and waits for some movement.
Food cravings: Sometimes I crave cold-cut sandwiches. I never ate them that much, but every once in awhile I wish I could grab one for convenience. and Donuts - need to find a recipe for healthy ones!
Have you started to show yet: My hubby says I am, but I keep telling people the difference between just having a muffin top and being pregnant is there is a heart beat. Please round out soon!
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: uh no.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody only if I'm hungry or tired. otherwise- happy!
Looking forward to: Garage Sales! I should really come up with a plan of attack for that.

No comments: