Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hola desde España!

I'm not sure how to tell you what I've been doing. I guess I'll start with the jobs I've done since I got here, and then maybe places I've been.
1. Teleprompter. We did an Instructional video on New Testament costumes, and I provided the words for Christopher "the instructor" as he worked through the different chapters. I used 2 different teleprompter softwares, the first one I got use to rather quickly, except when the button got stuck! Oops! The second one and I got into a few times. Still Christopher said I did a good job of working it, so I'm happy.
2. Thank you cards. As far as Jerry knew, no one has done thank you cards for donors, so I got put in charge of that! Lots of hand cramps, but people have to know that they are appreciated!! 3. This is directly related to #2. The donors can send prayer emails now to our prayer email account. I respond to them and share the requests with our group and we pray for them.
4. Facebook (and still deciding on Twitter) Queen for IMM. Be a fan of IMM's Facebook page to see pictures of what our group is doing, read interesting quotes, and read about what we're doing.
5. Photographer. I get to take pictures of anything IMM does. (Check the FB page to see the ones I took of the Children's choir and our NT video.)
6. Attic Inventorian? I'm not sure what to call a job that involves sorting through numerous boxes in the attic, (and once shelves are built) organizing what is in the boxes and creating an inventory sheet and some sort of system to the madness!
I love my job! and it's rather flexible so I can stop to help get other jobs done if need be...

Places I've been...
Alcala de Henares - Christopher Columbus had his first meeting with Ferdinand and Isabella here. Also known for its university and being the birthplace of Cervantes. Not to mention, the old city centre is absolutely gorgeous!
Madrid- roamed through some sections of Madrid, went to the Cathedral across from the palace, and went to Starbucks!
Toledo- Former Capital of Spain, simply because 3 sides of the city are surrounded by a river, which made it hard to conquer. Gorgeous architecture, lots of stores, and lots of little streets.

No comments: