I know what seems like chaos is really just life, happening. After running up to PA for Tim's grandma's funeral, only to turn around and head back to KS, repacking and leaving the next morning for Seattle, it seems like utter chaos to me. It seems raising support is as difficult as ever. Trying to figure out what to pack up and store, what to Ebay, what to get rid of, what to take with us, it seems impossible. How do you decide what to keep and get rid of? People I've talked to about moving tell me when you get to the point when you can open your boxes to unpack, it's like Christmas. Things you forgot you had, or things you haven't seen in forever are like presents, like 10 Christmas and 10 birthdays all at once! Back to Chaos, we know what's coming next- Spain. We don't know what comes after that. How do you pack up all your stuff and get rid of tons of stuff - not knowing what's coming?
This verse keeps coming back to me... 2 Timothy 4:17 "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength." I know that in the midst of confusion, chaos and stress, God will be with me. He will never leave my side. For that, I am thankful!
1 comment:
I will pray for you guys. This cannot be an easy transition to go through; not knowing what lies ahead. Having moved several times already in these past few years, I've definitely learned that I can live without a lot of 'stuff'. I mean, sure it was important to us at one point or another, but as I pack the boxes, and more and more start piling up, I think, "gosh, what all do we have?" Let's just say we sold a lot of things that we didn't really need so that we didn't have a lot of clutter and unnecessary junk when we opened our boxes again.
Where are you planning to store your things? Good luck with everything. I pray that you find more people to help you out financially with your trip.
Post a Comment