Tuesday, May 3, 2011

just buy me a roller-coaster

the joys of life.
the up's. and of course following the up's are the oop's I mean down's.
I mean they seem like very small meaningless little quirks in light of dramatic crazy things of this world. I mean even in my small little world, they aren't devastating earthquakes or levees about to give
First and most recently, the CEO of the company my hubby works for has suddenly taken "early retirement" whatever that means. In a aircraft industry that can't be a good sign. What does it mean? And if a company needs to layoff people, they toss the contractors first, which is what my hubby is. A couple weeks ago, the hubby's boss said he could get him a job by October. I'm just praying the company is still there in October!
Second, as previously mentioned, my hubby is a contractor, code to loan approvers as "temp job" apparently. So we were not approved for a home loan. joy.
So we are searching for a place to call home. We had to give notice to move out by the end of this month from our temporary place of residence (since March). So now we are in a real crunch because we have no place lined up for next month. yes, i am working on it.
But the roller-coaster is a good example for me. Because if you could have seen the harness after this ride, you would have seen fingernail marks permanently indented into the harness, in fact they are probably still there. There is a good reason for the fingernail marks - "2nd fastest roller coaster in Europe at 83.9 mph, which the ride reaches in 3.5 seconds." Granted there are some that are almost double the speed, but for it being my first roller-coaster I was not complaining.
But in the midst of these up's and down's of life. God wants me to hold onto His hand much like I did with the harness. With all my might!
He's right there. firmly holding me. no matter how high and low those up's and down's are, no matter how topsy turvy.
He wants me to know that if I hold onto Him, He will never let go.
If I let go, He will still hold onto me.
That's the way He is.
That's why He is Love.
That's why He is Grace.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Wouldn't it be fun to have a kiddie coaster in your back yard :P Ha. I hope you guys can find something soon! I know how hard it is being broke and trying to find a place to live. Brad and I are on the house hunt right now as well. Let me know if you want to hang out!